Sunday, June 5, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Chronicles NASCAR

2021 Chronicles NASCAR:  Pop and I will be at the NASCAR race here just outside St. Louis today.  Can't wait for the first time NASCAR races here at the highest level.  Danica didn't fair too well in NASCAR but was still a great example for women getting into the sport.

Chronicles is a fun brand.  Lots of variety.  You won't get bored and should be able to find a design you like from all the options.
That Sam Mayer is #/99.  He is currently sixth in the Xfinity series. Plenty of young drivers in Chronicles.
Love the Crusade cards.  That design and brand has been a favorite for some time.
One of my favorite drivers in the sport today I wouldn't mind if Chase Elliott won today.  A past champion and one of the great young drivers in the sport.
I like the Chronicles "base" cards as well as the Abolute design.  The Score design is a bit bland but really isn't that bad.  Lots of room for the photo.
"The King" Richard Petty.  Legend and cowboy hat extraordinaire.  Brittney Zamor didn't have much success in the lower tiers of NASCAR and is no longer driving but I've seen her on social media still busy within the sport.
I enjoy Contenders and probably would have been happier with a non-Optic version of this Kurty Busch card but I'm still happy.  He's a past champion as his brother, two-time champion Kyle Busch who happens to be my favorite current driver.  Should be a great day.  Can't wait to let folks know how it went.
BREAKDOWN:
25 – Total Cards
3 – Titan
3 – Retired Greats
2 – Score
2 – Select
2 – Pinnacle
2 – Absolute
2 – Green Parallel
2 – Contenders Optic
2 – Gold Standard Red #/99
1 – Black
1 – Zenith
1 – Limited
1 – Crusade
1 – Phoenix
1 – Obsidian
1 – Chronicles
1 – Pedal to the Metal
1 – Chronicles Swatches
1 – Spectra Celestial Blue #/99 



6 comments:

  1. I've never taken the time to buy any Chronicles boxes. I know it's a bunch of different brands put into one product, but don't really get "it". But based on several other bloggers, it's popular... so maybe I'll eventually get into it myself.

    P.S. Hope you have fun at the races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great time. Chronicles isn't for everyone. I get it. Works for me for the most part.

      Delete
  2. Danica has an interview series on YouTube. She did one with Gabrielle Reece. A bunch of other famous people.

    Was there a mask mandate in racing? Seems weird.

    Petty and Gordon are good gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a mask mandate. In 2020 everyone wore masks and driver basically went straight to their cars and back without minimal interaction with anyone else. NASCAR was one of the first sports to be able to get back to playing which I thought was good for the sport.

      Delete
  3. Hope you and your dad had a fun time! Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete