Thursday, July 21, 2022

McFarlane Super Powers Darkseid

McFarlane ToysMcFarlane has brought back the 1980s Super Powers toys.  I picked up this Darkseid at Wal-Mart.  Actually two, one for each of my grandsons.  They are approximately $10 each.  I think I had seen this was coming out but really didn't think I'd grab one.  But when I saw it I thought its size would work well with the smaller action figures the boys already have.
The packaging really harkens back to the original toy line which I really like.
I think there are only seven points of articulation but that works for this scale of figure (head, arms, legs, knees).
I'm no Darkseid expert but I do like the look.  Fairly simple but again good for what they are going for.
Batman and Superman and vehicles for each will be released in this series as well.  Just one more scale to add to collecting.  We already have the 7" (DC), 6" (Marvel/Star Wars) and 3.75" (all).  Not sure I'll go after the other figures in this line but I'll probably make that decision as I see them in hand.
For some scale this is an older 3.75" Superman compared to the 5" Darkseid.  His obvious height advantage only enhances his bad guy status.  This will be a fun figure for the grandsons to fight their other small (3.75") scale figures.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Glad to see carded figures still in the $10 price range. I really like the look of Darkseid in and out of his packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rare to see those anymore unless they are in that 3.75" size. Figured a guy of this size would be more.

      Delete