Thursday, April 27, 2023

2022 Contenders Football

2022 Contenders Football:  The draft and dreams start tonight with the 2023 NFL Draft.  We all have hope these guys can take our teams to another level.  We'll kick this off with the reigning quarterback championship and Texas Tech alum, Patrick Mahomes.  Really feels like he's been in the league more than six years.
I like Contenders but I'm in the minority.  It's so hard when you lock yourself into a certain way of doing things and then having to figure out how to keep things fresh.  This year shows how it can feel much like past years.  I'm okay with this look but I'm starting to tire some with the lack of creativity.
These Supernatural and Power Players are a nice change of pace.  Lots of color and nice designs.  Pierce rushed for over 900 yards for the Texans for a nice start to his career.
I like the backs overall.  These are from three different cards with the Mahomes being a base card while Brady is a Legendary insert and the McCaffrey is a MVP Contender.
MVP Contenders good looking cards.
I like this Game Day Ticket insert.  It showcases a retired great, shows off a fun "ticket" design and is a Super Bowl game photo.
Even if this isn't my favorite Contenders design, it was a fun pack of cards.  The inserts are fun and the pull is solid.  Good luck to your teams tonight.


 BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
5 – Green Parallel
3 – Rookie of the Year
2 - MVP
2 – Power Players
1 – Legendary
1 - Supernatural
1 – Retired Great
1 – Game Day Ticket


4 comments:

  1. I used to be much more into the NFL Draft... but recently I just wait it out and then read a few draft grades to see how the Hawks and Packers fare. I also used to get excited about tracking down cards of these picks, but I can't remember the last time I actually went on a mission to target a specific draft pick's cards. These days I just wait to see who is worthy of my hobby budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but really it just always seems busy when it's going on. I do like to watch the first round if I have te opportunity. Good luck to your teams.

      Delete
  2. Wait, there's enough changes in the Contenders design for you to have a favorite? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I get it. Only us few who like Contenders would know.

      Delete