Friday, April 21, 2023

Kayou Hero Battle Series 1 Legend Booster (3 Packs)

Kayou:  Was excited to get these cards.  Not enough Marvel product around right now and these hit the spot.  These are licensed cards from a collectible card game made in China.  The checklist can be found here.  Information is hard to find so it's not so easy to get up to speed without help.  Thanks to Colby over at Cardboard Collections for introducing me to these cards.  This Kayou Facebook group has been helpful in seeing the different cards as well as resources.
This photos are based off the characters from the Avengers movies.  As you can see there are different styles in cards.  I like all three of these.  The headshots have a cool look to them while Iron Man makes it look even better.  The straight up pose like Black Widow is nice and then there are the more stylized cards like this Hulk.
Yep we got a fat Thor.  I'm not a fan of the character in the movie but I like this card.  Always like Rhodey as War Machine so I was happy with that pull.  The cards themselves have a playing card feel (thin) to them as well as rounded corners.
Some cards are rarer than others and are easily denoted by the letters just below the photo on the left.  These are "R", the most common as seen on Thor and Iron Man,  The other is an SGR which is about middle of the road.  In order they go R, SR, SSR, HR, SGR, LR, UR, MR, and CR in that order from most common to the most rare.  The checklists give a pretty good breakdown of what you should find in each box and it was exact with mine.  I really do appreciate these being labeled as they are.

My only complaint so far?  No Falcon!  My favorite Marvel character.  Really surprised we don't see him in this set.  Bummer. Otherwise these are really fun.  My grandsons were really excited as was I.  The price point was good as well so no complaints.

BREAKDOWN:
18 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
6 – SR
2 – SSR
1 – SGR



5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I like that these feature the MCU versions. Can never have enough Scarlett on cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her Black Widow character and her. And I like the MCU versions of the characters too. The other different cards I purchased were art depictions so I'm glad I picked up a box of these for myself.

      Delete
  2. Agreed, there really should be more Marvel cards out in the wild. Thanks for showing these off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Definitely a shortage of DC and Marvel cards considering the popularity and how many movies are dropped each yar.

      Delete
    2. I just started a Facebook group dedicated to Kayou and Camon Marvel Cards you should join us!
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/346493771459495/?ref=share

      Delete