Sunday, April 30, 2023

2022 Zenith Football

2022 Zenith:  Plenty of new football to show off in the last week with the NFL Draft occurring.  We'll keep the new football going with Zenith.  I don't remember 2020 and 2021 Zenith so this year's offering is my first look at Zenith.  Kick it off with Josh Allen.  Allen went 7th overall in the 2018 draft.  So many teams would like a redo with that draft.  Neither Allen, nor Lamar Jackson who wasn't picked to the end of the first round, would make it past the first two picks.
I'm okay with the design though it feels a bit goofy.  Can get pretty repetitive really quickly as well.  But I'm not complaining.  Just won't be a go to for me.  The base set is 200 cards with 100 of those being rookies.
Rookies have a drastically different design.  I like it.  Has a Donruss vibe to it.  Would have liked to see the team log to set it off though.
The backs are fine.  Won't win any awards but they're colorful and not unappealing.
Rookie Wave and Revolution inserts.  I'm good with both of these.  The wave thing is different but at least I get the wave reference here.  They used wave in one of Panini's other brands but with zero context making it confusing.
I have another pack of these I'll show off someday but I don't know if I'll pick up more of this one.  Just doesn't stand out enough to me and there are way too many other options on the shelf right now.
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
7 – RC
3 – Red Zone Parallels
1 – Revolution
1 – Rookie Wave




10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think seeing a full set of this design would be tough on the eyes. The backs are solid though. And I love the Rookie Wave inserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. That singular backdrop on every card just doesn't do it for me but there is some fun to be had to be had with the set.

      Delete
  2. Ha, these are kind of fun. Very different, which is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inserts are fun in Zenith I think. The Z-Teams in particular
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set seems unnecessary with that base card design. Thanks for showing them off though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't argue. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. The veterans base set design reminds me of Zenith from the 90's... and even the rookie design has a Dare to Tear feel to it. The Revolution insert is a little weird and out of place. As much as I enjoy 90's Pacific and 90's Pinnacle stuff... it's weird seeing them come out of a new product together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a different set. Fun seeing all the varying opinions and comments.

    ReplyDelete