Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Random Wax: 1990-1991 Hoops Basketball (6 Packs)

90-91 HoopsJohn Stockton's accolades is a crazy long list.  And all well deserved.  Great All-Star Game card.  You know I love these.
These are so much fun.  Great players and great memories.  I'd love to have seen Chris Mullin play today.  The man could shoot!  Nice looking Pippen photo.
Speaking of shooters...a nice rookie pull here.
Love the coach cards.  Seikaly was never a defensive anchor but was solid for the Heat for a time.
All-Star cards!  Including a Larry Bird cameo and Dennis Rodman on offense.  While James Worthy looks confused.
These cards have great backs whether it is the base card or an all-star card.
Alex English and Dale Ellis are favorites of mine.  Kiki was a scorer and could shoot which would play today.  His lack of defense wouldn't be a good thing but he would still have his place.
So much fun looking at these cards. We'll end it with a PC guy as well as NBA and Parks and Recreation alum Detlef Schrempf.

BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards (6 Packs)
8 – Rookie
6 – Coach
5 – All-Star
2 – Award
2 – Checklist



8 comments:

  1. I enjoy these posts of yours featuring early 90s basketball cards. Thanks for sharing! The All Star cards would definitely be cards that I would chase. I have all of the coaches cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have the All-Star set. It may be the GOAT of all-star game cards. That's great you collect the coaches.

      Delete
  2. I think I have a stack of those All-Star cards sitting in a trade box.
    Magic wins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a Pippen guy but I like that photo. Schrempf is a close second.

      Delete
  3. My grandma got me a box of these for my birthday one year, although it was probably 6-7 years after they came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiki's lack of defense would fit right in with today's NBA.

    ReplyDelete