Sunday, July 9, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Score Football

2021 Score:  We have Christian McCaffrey doing one of the things he does best in catching the ball.  It was great seeing him healthy again and having a good season with both Carolina and San Francisco.
The design has grown on me since I first picked up this pack in 2021.  I like the photos on all of these cards.  
Plenty of youngsters here in their college unis which is always fun.
Love the inclusion of retired greats.  More good photos with that Rice standing out.
Some greats of the game.  I like both inserts.  I do think Garrett is smiling because he just found his way to a quarterback again.  Dude is a beast on defense.
These are nice cards but they could have done something with that gray background.  Added some color somewhere.
I like the Elliott and Kamara cards but the Watson shot looks out of place.
Can Watson get back to the level of play we saw in Houston?  I'm not sure but I know Cleveland is banking on it.  Trevor Lawrence on a nice-looking Throwback Rookie card.  Is Jacksonville ready to take their game to the next level?  They have that nice comeback playoff victory over the Chargers from last season under their belt.  I'd like to see him and the Jags be relevant. 

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
4 – Retired Greats
3 – Next Level
3 – Score Team
3 – Red Parallel
2 – 3D
2 – Game Face
1 – Throwback Rookie
1 – Collegiate Champion



8 comments:

  1. That Jags - Chargers game was fun. Sticking it to one of the worst ownership groups in the league.

    Score does decent cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chargers can't seem to get it right that is for sure.

      Delete
  2. Great looking Najee Harris rookie card! Yet it is always fun to pull a Terry Bradshaw card out of a modern pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some Terry Bradshaw. Need a photo of him wearing a cowboy hat in the 70s.

      Delete
  3. Pretty cool to see Reed, Dawkins, and Polamalu on the same card... but I agree... the design of the card could have been better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy that they have retired greats to those inserts. Could have gave them more appeal for sure.

      Delete
  4. Some nice pics indeed. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete