Sunday, July 16, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss Football

2021 Donruss:  I'm a big Fitz fan and this photo transports us back to a time most of us want to forget.  2020 was Fitzgerald's last season of a Hall of Fame career.  I am surprised he was All-Pro only once, but he was a member of the All-2010s Team.
Some running back love when running backs don't get so much love.  While I get the devaluing of the position, I don't like it and I do think having a strong running game does set up those passing games.  And I still don't like this design.
Some youngsters including a Blue Press Proof and Gold Foil parallel.  Will we ever get to see who Trey Lance really is?  I'd like to at least see him get some extended time at QB so we know.
Here we have two No Helmet photo variations.  Dak has to feel like his hair, or lack thereof, just doesn't stand up to what Jalen Ramsey brings to the table.  Fun cards in this pack.  We'll end it with a couple of retired greats on Blue Press Proof parallels.  
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
5 – Rated Rookie
4 – Blue Press Proof Parallel
3 – Photo Variations
2 – Retired Greats
1 – Gold Foil




4 comments:

  1. As a Barry Sanders fan/collector, I like the look of his card as my favorite in this pack of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fitz mask card gets my vote.

    I think RB has been devalued but not the running game. It's just seen as more about the OL now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point. I haven't heard anyone put it that way.

      Delete