Monday, May 20, 2024

2023-24 Panini Select Basketball Hanger Box

23-24 SelectAnthony Edwards has had an incredible playoffs and there's been many comparisons to NBA greats which are premature.  That said, I've always been on the former Georgia Bulldog's bandwagon and he's showing why he's a star in the league.  
While shiny cards aren't necessarily my thing, I've always had a soft spot for Select.  This year's offering is a nice bright blue which I like.  Overall nice design and good photos.  These Blue base cards are specific to retail as opposed to the hobby cards.
Youngsters.  We have the base Concourse design, a Tectonic Prizm Parallel and an Orange Tectonic Prizm Parallel.  Bilal Coulibaly had a solid rookie season for the Wizards.  He was originally drafted by Indiana but went to Washington as part of the three-team Bradley Beal trade.
These first two are Premier Level cards with that Murray being a Green/White/Purple Prizm Parallel.  The Brandon Miller is a Mezzanine Level base card.  Below are the different levels within the set which have their own designs and rarity.
Concourse – #1-100
Premier Level – #101-200
Courtside – #201-300
Mezzanine Level – #301-400 (retail exclusive)

The backs are always colorful but are devoid of stats.
The Thunder Lane inserts are pretty cool.  Maybe my favorite card in the box.  On to the NBA Conference Finals this week.
BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
12 – Concourse #1-100
9 – RC
2 – Tectonic Prizm
3 – Premier Level #101-200
1 – Thunder Lane
1 - Tectonic Orange Prizm
1 - Mezzanine Level #301-400
1 - Green/White/Purple Prizm




4 comments:

  1. Voting for LeBron.
    Seems like a set that might look better in person. A lot of shiny sets are like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that. And no complaints with choosing LeBron.

      Delete
  2. If I were to stumble across these base cards in a dime box, I think my brain would trick me into thinking that these were parallels because of the blue borders. I guess I'm just used to any Panini Chrome-like cards (like Prizm and Mozaic) having silver bordered base cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd agree. I know they are retail exclusives but they feel like parallels.

      Delete