Monday, May 6, 2024

McFarlane Alan Scott Green Lantern Platinum Edition Figure

It's my birthday and couldn't be happier to show off this guy.  I love Green Lantern and Alan Scott, the original Green Lantern, is one of my favorites.  This McFarlane Alan Scott figure is just too cool so it's a perfect way to start the day. 
I purchased three of these figures from Amazon and one was this platinum variant.  The non-variant is here.  As you look at photos you'll see some extra green paint on the Alan Scott's right arm and torso.  That is the difference between the original and this chase figure.
The figure comes with accessories including this flame piece.  At first I didn't know what to think of it but I'm really liking it after having it on him more.
His eyes are white which is true to how we see the character the majority of the time.
The figure really is solid.  The cape is plastic but I like it.  The collar works though it can be a nuisance when taking photos.
You also get a DC card stand which I like as well.  The art is by the great artist Alex Ross.
Alan Scott is a prominent figure of the Justice Society of America and the father of Jade, also a Green Lantern.
McFarlane also has an Alan Scott Dread Lantern figure.  It's from a specific comic arc where the Earth-2 Green Lantern volunteered to be a demon's herald to save his planet.
The last accessory is his lantern.  Simple but effective.  I'd been okay if it was darker, but it is still good.  I love this figure.  I'll end it with the Green Lantern creed as he recharges his ring:
“In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might beware my power…Green Lantern’s light!”
  


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Don't think I'm familiar with this Green Lantern. I grew up with the green guy with the ring in the cartoon I watched back in the 80's. Anyways... great looking figure. Glad you were able to land a variant as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I love GL and while I'm a little partial to Hal Jordan, I'm also a big fan of Earth-2 stories in general. Love the JSA and the All-Star Squadron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brett! I've always been a GL fan and Hal is my favorite as well but I do like Alan Scott. Always enjoyed his character from JSA and GL books.

      Delete