Sunday, May 5, 2024

2023 Zenith Football


2023 Zenith: Some new cards I recently found on the local shelves.  2022 Zenith was different and one I'm not sure I like.  This one has a better design but still might not appeal to everyone.  Keenan Allen is one of the top receivers in the league and is now catching balls for Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears.
The base card design is one I'm liking the more I see of it.  The football leather at the bottom and the spotlight behind the players works for me.
Both my inserts were a Behind the Numbers.  The card backs spell out why the players have the jersey numbers they do.  This Derrick Henry card is a red parallel.
The Rookie cards are a bit different in design.  I like the big logo in the background at the bottom of the card.  The rest doesn't really work for me.  The Tank Bell card is a Red Zone parallel where the foil on the card is red.
I do like the backs.  Always want more stats but otherwise the color and information provided is fine.  Would have also preferred a different photo but a cropped version of the front is very standard nowadays though a lazy choice by card companies.
Jalen Carter was #88 in high school and in college at Georgia, swapping to #98 when he went to the NFL.
Glad I picked these up and I don't doubt I'll grab another pack if available.  Something about them has an appeal to me.  They are very different than what we normally see.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – RC
2 – Behind the Numbers
3 – Red Zone Parallel
1 – Red Parallel








8 comments:

  1. Awesome TJ Watt card! I have started a player collection of his cards and love that he is on my favorite team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see it coming your way sometime in the future.

      Delete
    2. Can you send me your address? I have some cards to come your way.

      Delete
  2. It'd be cool to see Panini bring back the Dare to Tear version of Zenith. I loved that (baseball and hockey) product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting for A.J. Brown.
    Dallas Goedert wears 88 for the Eagles. So either Carter didn't care enough to pay his price or he didn't try because Goedert was an established veteran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D-Lineman aren't' eligible to wear numbers in the 80s. I wasn't sure either with the shakeup in number use.

      Delete