Sunday, February 23, 2020

Card Show Pickups (Football)

This is the last of my posts on card pickups from the card show.  There is still some football going on in the form of the XFL so a Sunday post is appropriate.  Who doesn't like Peyton Manning?  Dude was nothing short of great and also a fun dude.  These two were cheap pickups and no brainers.
  Some current key Falcons though as much as like Devonta Freeman he may not be long for the team.  His big contract and declining production will make him hard to keep around.  Tough decisions ahead for the cap strapped Falcons.
John Elway is an all-time favorite of mine.  Christian McCaffrey is a guy I wasn't all in on his first season but I quickly saw the error of my ways.

Todd Gurley, Georgia Bulldog alum, didn't match his production of  '17 or '18 last season but I'm still a big fan.  Not a ton of football cards from this show but it's always random as to what I'll find or end up picking up.  But it is always a fun time.

6 comments:

  1. Man... I'm so bummed that I didn't go all in on McCaffrey. That guy is a beast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is and you aren't the only who waited. I just didn't think he'd find that great a role and wasn't sure about his running ability. One more reason I'm not an NFL scout.

      Delete
  2. Nice cards. Manning and McCaffrey are two guys I look for at card show dime boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never pass those guys up. Manning is so easy to like and so great while McCaffrey has been so good for Carolina.

      Delete
  3. Nice pickups. I like the Gurley design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would usually say that is too much white for me but I like it as well.

      Delete