Sunday, February 16, 2020

2019 Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. 1:24 Chevrolet Camaro "Warthog"

NASCAR kicks of the 2019 schedule today at Daytona.  I'll show off my Bubba Wallace 1:24 Chevrolet Camaro Air Force "Warthog" car to start off the season.  This is a departure from the normal blue scheme the Air Force  sponsored cars have traditionally had in the past.  I follow Bubba Wallace who got to the top level of NASCAR just a few years ago and the Air Force has always been one his sponsors.
The car is pretty slick and of course tries to mirror what you see on the racetrack.  The #43 is the same number NASCAR legend Richard Petty drove and Wallace now drives for Richard Petty Motorsports.
The hood and flaps on the roof flip up and the front wheels can be turned slightly.
The paint job overall, specifically the gray color and the grill, were done to mirror the Air Force's A-10 Warthog.  It is a beast of a plane and hailed for the damage it can do in it's close air support role.  It can also definitely take a licking and keep on ticking.
 I have ties to the Air Force through the careers of my pop (a huge NASCAR fan), my wife and myself so I've followed those sponsored cars since I became a fan.
I'm very happy with this car.  It is sharp and done really well.  I also purchased the 1:64 scale (Hot Wheels size).  This one will go up with the rest of mine that are at my desk at work.  Looks like this year Bubba Wallace will once again go with the "Warthog" paint scheme on his Air Force sponsored car.  I'll definitely pick that one up as well.  Hopefully we'll have a good race today to start off the season and maybe Wallace can have a nice finish.  I'm really hoping he can be a consistent top 15 finisher this season.  Easier said than done but I have hope.  Let's go racing boys!
  • Racing Series: NASCAR Cup Series
  • Driver: Darrell Wallace Jr
  • Model Year: 2019
  • Car Make: Chevrolet
  • Car Model: Camaro
  • Scale: 1:24-scale
  • Finish: Standard
  


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! One of the coolest paint jobs I've seen on a diecast car. Even cooler that you have personal ties to the Air Force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool. Already scouting out this year's car.

      Delete