Friday, January 12, 2024

Random Wax: 2021-2022 Donruss Basketball

21-22 Donruss:  We'll kick off this pack with CJ McCollum who is now a New Orleans Pelican.  He's having a good year hitting 44% of his threes while New Orleans is also doing well, sitting at 23-15 and in 6th place in the Western Conference.  That card is a Green Yellow Laser Parallel.
Decent pull in this pack.  Paul George's Clippers teammate, Kawhi Leonard, just signed an extension with the team and the expectation is he'll do the same.  Clippers have been on a roll of late.  This design isn't one I like but I know I bought plenty of Donruss cards across the sports that year.
Herbert Jones is the standout amongst these three averaging 10+ points per game for the Pelicans.
Cole Anthony seemed an odd Magic player to showcase on this Frachise Features insert.  There were better options from the 2020-2021 season but I will say Anthony is still around in Orlando while those other players aren't.  Maybe Donruss knew something.  I do like the look of the card.
No complaints anytime I pull the KAT.  Fun pack of cards no matter my thoughts on the design. 


BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
4 – Rated Rookie
1 – Franchise Players
1 – Great X-Pectations
1 – Green and Yellow Laser Parallel


4 comments:

  1. Voting for KAT.
    (What's up with the car?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is odd to see that in the background. Taken during covid but I can't see that playing into a car being in the arena. And KAT is a good one to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panini kept Donruss and Hoops at 7 bucks a fat pack so this is how I get my basketball fix, but Donruss has a little too much border for me that year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still a cheap fix for me at well. I buy plenty. And yes that border is too much.

      Delete