Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Random Wax: 2021 Topps Baseball Blaster

2021 Topps:  A lull in the offseason is all the more reason to look at baseball cards.  This Tatis 1952 Topps Redux is a design I like.  Pulled plenty of these since these came out and I never tire of them.
Anothter Tatis appearance which I'm okay with.  I really like him.  When I purchased this blaster in February, 2021 I had no idea Matt Olsen would be an Atlanta Brave starting in 2022 and breaking team records.  Mike Trout is my favorite player in the league today.  Off to a great start here.
Piazza looking tough on this 1986 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary insert.  Good photo.  I think I pulled 100 of that Acuna/Guerrero card but I'm happy every time I do.  Tatis hot box I guess.
Nice looking horizonal photo of Juan Soto.  I'd like to see him stay in San Diego but I can see them trading him to save some money and maybe get some pitching help in return.
Daulton Varsho has had a good start to his career but was part of the trade with Toronto that sent Lourdes Gurriel Jr. and Gabriel Moreno to Arizona.  Both were big reasons the team made it to the World Series.
Flaherty recently signed with the Detroit Tigers as a free agent.
Platinum Players Die-Cut
More 1952 Topps Redux.
Team Card

This Jeter relic is pretty cool and was part of a relic lot I sold on eBay.  Fun box of cards.  Goo amount of variety and a really good pull.

BREAKDOWN:
99 – Total Cards
14 – RC
7 – 1952 Topps Redux
5 – Future Stars
4 – League Leaders
4 – Team Cards
2 – Royal Blue Parallel
1 – Rookie Cup  
1 – Rainbow Foil
1 – RC/Rookie Cup
1 – History of Topps
1 – Home Run Challenge
1 – 70th Anniversary Patch
1 - Platinum Players Die-Cuts
1 - 1986 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary



8 comments:

  1. Solid box... with all of those Tatis cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Much much belated Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Padres traded Soto to the Yankees.
    Voting for Kershaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fail. I already forgot that. Now does Kershaw come back? Dodgers don't have as big of a need in the starting rotation now.

      Delete
  4. I thought the 86s appeared at a higher frequency than that, huhh. I lost most of mine in an accidental pet disaster that I wish hadn’t happened.

    ReplyDelete