Friday, January 26, 2024

Random Wax: 2022-2023 Hoops Blaster

22-23 Hoops:  I'm a big DeMar DeRozan fan.  He doesn't hit three's like most want to see in today's game but that guy can score.  He has a great mid-range jumper and is really efficient.  He was traded to the Spurs the year prior to Toronto winning the championship.  They probably don't win it all with him still on the team but I'd like to see him get a ring.
What a pull!  These three are also amongst my favorites in the league today.  Kawhi is my favorite but Sabonis and Edwards aren't far behind in my top ten.
Pablo Banchero is having a great second season and has found his touch from long range shooting 36% from three.
Need more in the background of these Rookie Greetings inserts.  You see that in the design from other years which helps jazz them up.
Chet Holmgren was hurt his rookie year but is having a good first season this year.
Great Donovan Mitchell photo.  Lavine's is as well but the lack of players behind him make it look stages, which it isn't.
Hoops Tribute inserts which most folks are a big fan of.  Really nice-looking Trae Young card.
More nice photos for Klay and Cade.  Aaron Gordon didn't know it at the time, but he and the Nuggets would soon be a World Champion.
James Harden in Philly. Those Skyview inserts look weird with the small window behind the players.  Feels so random what you might see in them.  I like the Frequent Flyers more.
Really good box of cards.  Close to great with all the favorites I pulled.  Bottom line is I'm happy.

BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
13 – RC
4 – Hoops Tribute
3 – Blue Parallel
2 - Skyview
2 – Purple Parallel
1 –Skyview
1 – RiseNShine Relic
1 – Rookie Greetings


 

2 comments:

  1. I do have to say that I like the look of this year's Hoops product. Are you building the set? My stepson bought one fat pack and pulled a Wembyana rookie card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not building the set. It does have a nice Hoops feel to it.

      Delete