Sunday, November 29, 2020

2020 Illusions Football

 2020 Illusions Football: Found this at a Wal-Mart in a small town returning from visiting the kids yesterday.  They actually had quite a bit of product but my budget with Christmas coming up is somewhat tight right now.  Still I picked up three of these and this is the first one I opened.  Joe Burrow is not a guy I've seen a lot in my pulls so this was fun to see.  I know his knee is jacked up but you have to be rooting for this guy.  He was doing so well before the injury and the Bengals' fans deserve a break.
The base set is only 100 cards so I think you'd have to expect a pretty good pull in most packs.  I was really happy with mine.  Picking up the two top rookies and plenty of stars helped this pack get a high score.
I really want to call that Wentz card a bronze parallel but it is an orange parallel.  Just doesn't have quite the orange tint those parallels did last year.  That Mystique is an acetate card.  
I'd prefer some stats on that card back but I love the large logo.  Doesn't give Panini a pass on the stats omission though.
Really glad I took the 5 minutes to check out this store.  These are some nice looking cards and I'm more than happy to add them to the collection.  I'll show off those other two packs over time and I can't complain about either of them either.  And no dupes from all the cards in the three packs. 

BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
9 - RC
2 – Bronze
1 - Mystique








6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling Joe and Tua. And that acetate card is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good pack. You just need Herbert from one of the others to come out with the full strong QB class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoiler alert...I pulled him in one of the other packs. Really happy with the set and these packs.

      Delete
  3. Well worth the trip I'd say. The Burrow, Tua, and Dillon cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete