Friday, November 13, 2020

2020 Topps Gallery

 2020 Topps Gallery:  This is my first in hand look at this year's offering.  I enjoy this brand but the art can be hit and miss.  Still it's fun when it's right.  I wish there were more retired greats in this set as it has a bit of an old school feel to it.  We'll lead off with Nolan Ryan for this pack.  

I like the design this year.  Here you see the wood parallel as well as a base design with the standard white borders.  I think I like the wood parallel better which I think I've said for past sets.  Those names are in foil but scan darker than they really appear.
These are kind of cool but it seems like the apprentice to a pitcher would be another pitcher.  But I get what they are doing pairing a veteran with a younger player.
The backs are pretty straight forward but I like the different take on stats.  Still prefer career stats by year but this isn't too bad.  I like the beard on that Moran card combined with the retro uni - that's a win.  

My green parallel #/99.  This was a fun pack.  I was able to grab a few more which I'll share over time.  Overall the art was good and my pull was decent.

 BREAKDOWN: 

12 – Total Cards

2 – Wood Parallel

1 – Hall of Fame

1 – Rainbow Foil

1 – Retired Great

1 – Green Parallel #/99

1 – Master & Apprentice

4 comments:

  1. I like Gallery... but like many of the Topps brands out there... they look like last year's product. Even if I did love it... I'd never find any of this stuff sitting on the shelves near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree this one reminds me a lot of years past. Not a lot done to it to make it stand out. For whatever reason this one hasn't flown off our shelves. Actually the only product on the shelf this morning. It's been here for 3 weeks now.

      Delete
  2. Hoping to find some Galley this weekend. Hopefully, I'll find my guy Matt Boyd in a pack.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you. This one hasn't flown off the shelf here so hopefully you can find some packs soon.

      Delete