Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Random Wax: 2019 Donruss NASCAR Blaster

 

2019 Donruss NASCAR:  Joey Logano, Chase Elliott, Brad Keselowski, and Denny Hamlin will race for the 2020 NASCAR Championship this weekend in Phoenix.  The only way Elliott could make the final four in Phoenix was to win Sunday and he did just that in exciting fashion.  He's a fan favorite and a favorite of mine.  He won't be driving his Hooters paint scheme this weekend.  It's a shame because I really like it but he'll still look good in his NAPA scheme.  
Bubba is right there as a favorite of mine and played a big part in NASCAR's social justice movement this year.  He's the only black driver at NASCAR's highest level and did a great job handling all the attention that came his way.  Rusty Wallace is an all-time great and my favorite drive of all-time.  He is a NASCAR Hall of Fame member and I enjoy seeing legends included in the set.  
Each pack comes with Optic parallels.
The car photos work for me.  This is what we see on the track for 3-4 hours each week and is synonymous with the drivers.
I like that classics design.  I like the more traditional framed Race Kings designs as opposed to this full body take.  Bill Elliott is Chase Elliott's father and was voted as the most popular driver 16 years in his career.  Oh and he won the Championship in 1988.
Clint Bowyer is retiring this year and will move to the booth next year.  I really like him and he showed he has the chops for TV during the weeks NASCAR did virtual races and we were able to get more familiar with the drivers.  Richard Petty - The King, the iconic  hat and winner of 200 races, #1 all-time.
Probably the look Kevin Harvick will have all week after barely being eliminated from the playoffs on Sunday.  Plenty of variety and inserts to be found in these boxes.
This was a fun blaster I found at a random Wal-Mart.  I can't say no to these.  Each year I become a bigger fan and it's a way for me and my pop to connect.  He's 84 and been a fan forever.  I call him near the end of each race so we can experience it together. Can't wait for this weekend and to see who'll be crowned #1.

BREAKDOWN: 
51 – Total Cards
16 – Retired Greats
14 – Retro ‘86
5 – Silver Parallels
4 – Cars
4 – Optic
4 – Legends
4 – Nickname Variations
2 – Optic Illusion
2 – Race Kings
2 - Contenders
2 – Retro Rated Rookies
2 – Optic Red Wave Parallels
1 – Top Tier
1 – Classics Set
1 – Next In Line
1 – Action Packed
1 – ’86 Retro Relic
1 – Gold Parallel #/299




 

6 comments:

  1. I'm not into racing... but the Donruss design definitely works for NASCAR. Is the Action Packed card embossed? If so... that would be an insert set (or is it a subset) worth building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that but yes it is embossed. And they are part of an insert set.

      Delete
    2. I was going to mention that too! Had no idea Action Packed was around!

      Delete
    3. It's been so long since I've seen them as well. It's a pretty cool card. Had quite a few back in the day when these came out.

      Delete
  2. Awesome selection of cards! My stepson has gotten me back into racing. I do have a question for you about racing cards, and was wondering if we could chat in email. My email is steeltim120276(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks

    ReplyDelete