Friday, November 6, 2020

2020 Chronicles Racing Hobby Box (3 Autos)

2020 Chronicles Racing:  I like the Chronicles brand and I've really enjoyed NASCAR this year so I jumped on this Chronicles box which is my second NASCAR hobby box of the year.  I opened this 2020 Donruss NASCAR hobby box in August.  That was a really fun box.  These Chronicles hobby boxes have a ton of variety, three autographs, and plenty of serial numbered parallels.  There were only 48 cards in this box as opposed to the 192 found in my Donruss NASCAR hobby box.  Martin Truex Jr. is a former champion who was just eliminated from the playoffs last week.  I like him and his championship was for a small team which is always fun to see.
I'm a big Bubba Wallace fan so this was a great pull for me.  Those Spectra cards aren't blue but scan that way.  They are also very thick cards like a relic.  
Chase Elliott had to win last week's race to get into the championship this weekend (four drivers are competing to be the champ).  I'll be rooting for Chase.  He's still young at only 24 but is very popular just like his pop Bill Elliott was.  Elliott had a good year winning four races.
Hailee Deegan made her Truck series debut and is the big chase in NASCAR cards right now.  Ladies in the sport are still very small in numbers but very popular. 
Denny Hamline and Brad Keselowski are both in the race for the championship this weekend.  They won seven and four races respectively.  I'd enjoy seeing Denny win his first championship.  He's had a great career and that would really top it off.  Keselowski is a former champion.
Kyle Busch is my favorite driver and the reigning champion.  He had a tough year but did win two weeks ago to extend his streak of one win in 16 straight years dating back to his rookie season.  Only two drivers in history have longer streaks.
The Crusade cards, a green parallel here, are nice looking cards.  I really like the Illusions cards as well.  Clint Bowyer is a favorite of mine who is retiring this year and will join the Fox broadcasting booth starting next year.
My other two autos.  Both youngsters in the lower levels of the sport.  Tanner Gray is from Artesia, NM which is close to where I grew up so a nice hometown connection of sorts there.  

Jimmie Johnson is a NASCAR great with seven championships winning five of them in a row during one stretch.  Kevin Harvick was surprisingly eliminated from the playoffs this week.  In this box there were ten serial numbered parallels out of 48 cards and that doesn't count the autos which were each numbered cards as well.
More young drivers which Chronicles really is a showcase for.  Zane Smith is someone I've started rooting for in a random way.  I'm a big fan of the Zane Smith who pitched in the majors including a stint with the Braves.

This was a fun box.  Plenty of variety, good designs and my pull.  Still I'd probably go the blaster route if I had to do it all over again.  I could get 100 cards for the price of this hobby box.  That being said, if I'd pulled a Hailee Deegan auto or rarer parallel I probably don't think that way.  But that's what hobby boxes are all about.  Rolling the dice and seeing if you can score big.  I did fine and I did enjoy this box.  Here's to hoping Chase Elliott or Denny Hamlin come away with their first championship tomorrow.


BREAKDOWN:
48 – Total Cards
7 – Chronicles Base
5 – Titan
5 – Limited
5 – Pedal to the Metal
4 – Crusade
3 – Score
3 – Status
3 – Illusions
3 – Asension
3 – Retired Greats
2 – Phoenix
2 – Spectra
2 – Score Autographs #/99
1 – Select
1 – Unparalled
1 – Holo Crusade
1 – Red Titan #/99
1 – Red Status #/99
1 – Red Limited #/99
1 – Blue Titan #/199
1 – Blue Limited #/199
1 – Blue Crusade #/199
1 – Blue Illusions #/199
1 – Blue Chronicles #/199
1 – Blue Pedal to the Metal #/199
1 – Phoenix Autograph #/19
1 – Gold Reserve Materials #/49

3 comments: