Sunday, February 12, 2023

2022 Illusions Football Blaster

2022 Illusions:  I'll be rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs today but I think the Philadelphia Eagles are the better team overall, especially on D, and will take home the championship.  And a perfect day to show off some football cards I'm seeing for the first time.  Just found them this week on local shelves.
I normally like Illusions and I do like this year's design.  Some offensive powerhouses here.  Loved seeing how well McCaffrey did after trading for the 49ers.  Mixon had a down year and fans are wishing he had run the ball more in their playoff lost to the Chiefs.  After an MVP caliber season in 2021, Cooper Kupp had injuries cut his 2022 season in half.
Plenty of rookies.  Olave had a great year for the Saints catching 72 balls.  James Cook rushed for just over 500 yards and Travon Walker registered 3 1/2 sacks for the Jaguars. 
Some QB love.  Scans never do these justice.  Check out a photo here to get a good look.
Green parallel on the left and some type of parallel on the right that I'll never know.  It really irritates me when what parallel I have isn't obvious.  This is either a Diamond, Dots, Emerald, Orange, Starlight, or Sunburst parallel.  The backs, while nice looking and colorful, are a bit meh with no stats.
The King of Cards is a nice looking acetate insert. Illusionists is also an acetate.
Good box of cards.  I like the design and had a good pull.  We'll end it with Tom Terrific who knows a thing or seven about championships.  Everyone enjoy the Super Bowl today!
BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
9 – RC
4 – Green Parallel
2 – Illusionists
1 – Amazing
1 – King of Cards
1 – Something, Something Parallel



 

7 comments:

  1. Don't really have a preference on who wins today... but I am gonna enjoy the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Something, Something Parallel" lol, I think that's where we all are with Panini. Enough parallels! But the Davlin Cook is a nice card... whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I really like the look. Just wish I knew what it was.

      Delete
  3. I was a fan of the Eagles for one game because my fiancee is a fan of the Eagles. But now it is back to the Black and Gold. I have not seen those cards before. Pretty sweet looking! I like the TJ Watt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll go in your box. Nothing wrong with rooting for the better half's team.

      Delete
  4. It was a fun game. Illusions has great fronts but no stats on the back bums me out. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete