Sunday, February 19, 2023

Random Wax: 2022 Donruss NASCAR Hobby Box (Post #2)

2022 Donruss NASCAR:  The 2023 NASCAR season starts at Daytona today so we'll do some NASCAR.  This is my second post of my 2022 hobby box.  There are so many cards that I wanted to show off more.  Rusty Wallace is my favorite all-time driver.  I'm not a fan of this retro '81 Donruss design but I do like this card of Wallace's.  Wallace won 55 races and one championship.
Plenty of star power in this sets as well as young talent from the lower tiers of NASCAR.  Larson and Harvick are NASCAR champions while Hailie Deegan is a driver in the trucker series.
This design from Donruss was horrible.  Just saying.  Still Jeffrey Earnhardt saves with that look on his card.
Retired greats.  I don't care for the black and white photos but they aren't entirely bad.  Gives the card a certain feel.
A red parallel #/299 of my favorite current driver.  He moves to Richard Childress Racing this year.
Twenty-six of the 192 cards in the box are optic.  Chase Elliott is another favorite driver of mine.
These Championship Drive cards are really colorful and I like the look.
That Truex is #/199.  The Round of 16 inserts highlight the drivers who make the playoffs.  Another Rusty showing.
All three of these inserts have good looks to them with Action Packed one of my favorites.
We need to see the brakes glowing in these photos set at night.
Jimmie Johnson, numbered to 299 and retired for a few years, will run some races this year.  The other driver I like, Bubba Wallace, had a good 2022 season but a tough end to the regular season as he wrecked Kyle Larson and was suspended for one race for his actions.  He has to keep his emotions under wrap.  That blue parallel works great with Chase.  We'll end it with The King, Richard Petty.  Looking forward to the NASCAR season and today's race!

BREAKDOWN:
192 – Total Cards
44 – Retired Greats
26 – Optic
19 – Race Kings
12 – Rated Rookie
8 – Cars
8 – Silver Parallel
5 – Under the Lights
5 – Red Parallel #/299
4 - Elite
4 – Round of 16
4 – Action Packed
4 – Blue Parallel #/199
2 - Contenders
2 – Victory Laps
2 – Green Parallel #/99
2 – Championship Drive
1 – Base Optic Auto
1 – Race Day Relic
1 – Retro 1981 Relic
1 – Purple Parallel #/49
1 – Holographic Parallel #/199
1 – Signature Series Auto Red Parallel #25



4 comments:

  1. Rusty Wallace is really the only NASCAR driver I've ever rooted for... which is a stretch, because I don't think I've ever sat down and watched a NASCAR race for more than 5 or 10 minutes. But I loved his MGD commercials in the 90's... and even though I don't like beer, I'd order a MGD when we'd go to the bars in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. Glad to hear you rooted for him. He's a local guy and was here for NASCAR's first cup race in St. Louis (2022). Got to watch him do some of the pre-race shows they do onsite. Was fun.

      Delete
  2. Ah, Rusty. Can't say I was a fan, but he was good...and a mainstay. Good to see him here.

    ReplyDelete