Friday, February 24, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Topps Baseball Mike Trout Tin

2021 Topps:  Surprised I hadn't shown this one off yet.  I'm a sucker for these sometimes and this was one I picked up two years ago.  My second Mike Trout tin as I also picked up his 2020 Topps Tin.  I also grabbed a 2021 Ronald Acuna Jr. tin which I showed off here.

This 1952 Topps Redux is the highlight of the pack. I like this design and of course having Ohtani on it always helps.  I'd love to see him stay with the Angels but no matter how hard they try in L.A. the team still struggles.  Will be interesting to see how that plays out as this is his last year under contract.
There were big hopes for Jo Adell two years ago.  he can still turn it around but so far his career has not lived up to expectations.
Machado has done well for the Padres since arriving in San Diego via trade in 2018.  Rumor is he'll opt out of his contract after 2023.  He'll be 30 at that time but will probably get more than the $32M per year he is on contract for now.
Never cared for the '86 card design but somehow I like it in these newer sets.  Nice Trout pull too.
Another Ohtani!  I'm digging my pull.
Fun team card.

A couple of greats from the game.  Never get tired of pulling either of these guys.
I really hope Tatis Jr. can bounce back from his suspension and get back on the good side of the baseball gods.  I became of fan of his when he was mic'd up during an all-star game a few years back.  He screwed up, no doubt, but I'm still rooting for him.  Same for Mookie even in a Dodger uni.
That Devers is a 70 Years of Topps Blue Parallel.
Anderson had no idea he'd be a World Champion by year's end.  He had a down year last season but was really good in '20 and '21 including the playoffs.
I paid $14.99 for this tin in '21 and I think it's a good deal.  Can't say I really know what to do with teh tins after the fact but hey I'll figure it out. Happy Friday!
BREAKDOWN:
75 – Cards
10 – RC
6 – 1952 Redux
3 – League Leaders
1 – Team
1 – Chrome
1 – Future Stars
1 – World Series
1 – Chrome 1952 Redux
1 – Chrome 70 Years of Topps
1 – 70 Years of Topps Blue Parallel
1 - 1986 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is. Forgot to mention it. Which is pretty important. Went to an Adell fan back when I pulled it.

      Delete
  2. The Adell is an SP I think. I just want to know how that Tatis jersey card got in there because it is a Donruss card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super secret short print collaboration between Topps and Panini :D

      Delete
    2. It was an SP. I sent it to an Adell fan. Was a bigger deal back then. The Tatis inclusion really has me shaking my head. Should have caught it scanning and making up the post!

      Delete
  3. That Acuna card is one of the few 2021 flagship singles I really like. You pulled a lot of nice inserts in this tin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those saved from a couple of year ago - hopefully that Panini Donruss Tatis did not come from this Topps tin break.

    ReplyDelete