Wednesday, August 12, 2020

13 Hours - The Movie and Book

 

13 Hours is the book by Mitchell Zuckoff and the movie documenting the attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans including the U.S. ambassador, an information officer and two security contractors.  Both the book and movie do a good job staying away from politics in the account of what happened that night.  Using personal accounts the book does a good job of setting the scene and taking you through what happens from start to finish.  I happened to be in the middle of reading the book when the movie came on TV so I watched it.  As always some liberties are taken but it does a decent job of sticking to what happened.  Just jazzed up a bit as is done with any movie adaption.  I highly suggest both the book and movie.  The book is an easy read and provides plenty of background on the main players as well as details from the attack.  The movie is gripping and does its job of making you want to know what happens next.   I, too, will stay away from the political side of this but do want to highly recommend both of these.



2 comments:

  1. I feel like I've seen this movie pop up somewhere while searching Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu. Never watched it, but the next time I stumble across it I'll save it to my watchlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it at all interests you I'd definitely give it a watch.

      Delete