Sunday, August 30, 2020

2006 Fleer Football

 

2006 Fleer Football: The Fleer company was purchased by Upper Deck in 2005 and this was one of the Fleer branded sports card sets they put out in '06 and '07.  These aren't bad looking cards but the design feels a little cheap if that makes sense.  Still I like the photos and how much room on the card is devoted to them.
It's always fun busting old packs because you just never know what fun cards you'll find.  This Maurice Drew rookie in his UCLA Bruins uni is one of those.  I was collecting in '06 so this is my first rookie card of his and like seeing him in his college duds.  We also see a gold parallel here.
I like the The Franchise inserts. Not sure who else was part of this insert set but I might track some down.  The backs won't blow you away but I do like the stats and they have some color.
This was a part of the eBay purchase I did some time back and it was a fun pack.  Great looking back at the players and seeing some of these designs in hand.

BREAKDOWN:

10 – Total Cards

3 – Fleer Futures

1 – The Franchise 

1 – Gold Parallel




8 comments:

  1. I've come across some of these cards before... which is weird since I was out of the hobby in 2006. Maybe I picked up some cheap packs at a card show or in a repack. Although I wouldn't call this a classic card design, it's nice. I like the simplicity... and the team colored stripe at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a simple design. I like it. Logo, team colors, name, position, player number. Boom done.

      Delete
  2. Never seen anything unopened. I only have a few cards from this set at all. That's kind of a cool break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with my pull and really enjoy opening packs of sets I've never seen before. Fun pack for sure.

      Delete
  3. 2006 was Steve McNair's last good season, so I guess in a way it's sort of a sunset card, kind of the XRC version of a sunset card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No greater player then Big Ben Roethlisberger to start off this pack of cards. Watch for him to have a big year in 2020. Here we go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to see what he does this year. I know fans want to see him back to his old self.

      Delete