Sunday, August 2, 2020

2014 Panini Country Music (24 Pack Retail Box) - Darius Rucker Auto

 2014 Panini Country Music: I got turned on to this set by the Blowout Buzz Blog.  Then I happened to see a retail box on sale on Blowout Cards for the price of a blaster.  To say this box over delivered is an understatement.  This Silhouette Signature Materials is a green parallel #/10 of former Hootie and the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker is my best pull ever!  After a good career with the Blowfish he has done very well as a country singer.  I've always liked Darius Rucker so this was such a fun pull.  I'd already pulled a relic so this was very unexpected and there was an audible cheer sounding like a school girl when I saw what it was.  In retail packs nothing is guaranteed and odds are tough so this was a major surprise.  I still don't know what I'll do with this card.  While it is so freaking cool it could also pay for my entire Blowout order.  We'll see.
 I pulled a complete set.  The set doesn't have all the big names of the time but has a good sampling of country artists and Rucker must be one of the top three or four artists in the set.
 The set design is simple but I like it.  The bronze'ish foil can make it a bit tough to read but it looks good in hand.  The variety among the photos is good and I don't get bored going through the set.   The backs are simple with a truncated black and white version of the front shot and a decent write-up. 
 Wynonna is a country legend while this finds Florida Georgia Line in the early part of their career.  
 Hard to tell but these are Instrumental and Award Winner inserts.  I'm a big fan of LeAnn Rimes.  Montgomery Gentry is a duo I like, with She Couldn't Change Me, being one of my favorite country songs.  Unfortunately Troy Gentry lost his life in a helicopter accident two years ago.  
The inserts offer some nice variety.
Joe Diffie is another star we lost too soon.  That Bob Carpenter is a purple parallel #/99.  
This Pick Collection relic was actually my first hit of the box.  Johnson is the lead singer of Cadillac Three and a song writer.  I like Trick Pony and their self titled album had many songs I'm a fan of - Pour Me, Just What I Do,  and On a Night Like This.  This last card of Darius Rucker is a good concert photo.  

This was a great box.  I pulled a complete base set, I enjoyed the designs and cards themselves, the inserts were nice and of course my hit was crazy good.  I know Blowout Buzz is a self serving blog but they do a good job showcasing different products in different ways. Give them a read.

BREAKDOWN:
192 – Total Cards
24 – Green Parallel
8 – Fresh Faces
8 – Instrumental
8 – Backstage Pass
8 – Top of the Charts
7 – Award Winners
1 – Purple Parallel #/99
1 – Pick Collection Relic
1 – Complete Base Set (100)
1 - Silhouette Signature Materials #/10

10 comments:

  1. Wow congrats!! I had to trade to get my Rucker auto. Who doesn’t love some Hootie?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so easy to like and a great card. Glad you were able to snag one.

      Delete
  2. Those are some awesome looking cards! I may have to find this set for myself. The first card that struck my eye is the Sara Evans card. I am a big fan of her and her music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Evans stuck out to me as well. I can't remember what she sang but know I liked her too.

      Delete
    2. "Suds in the Bucket" and "Real Fine Place" are two of my favorite songs by Sara Evans. I saw her in concert and it was amazing!

      Delete
    3. Shania is the only country artist I've seen in convert and loved it.

      Delete
  3. Nice hit and I actually like the looks of this set. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hit. A while back I was looking for a Sara Evans autograph. I enjoy her music.

    ReplyDelete