Friday, August 14, 2020

2020 Donruss Optic Baseball

2020 Donruss Optic: I picked these up because they were there.  The Donruss design is a good one this year but Optic isn't my thing.  And of course having no license is a big con.  That said these aren't bad looking cards.  I did have a nice pull which always helps.  This Acuna Diamond King was definitely the highlight for me.
These guys add quite a bit of star power to the pack.  
The insets are fine.  Not sure what the Stained Glass insert is going for and Illusions is OK but not a home run.
Rookies get to shine here as well.  Nice Yordan Alvarez lime green parallel.  Not saying lime green is a favorite of mine though.
More solid pulls.
 The inclusion of retired greats is always a plus for me and Rickey is a PC guy for me.  This was a pretty good pack.  I doubt I'll grab more of these but I know many collectors are big fans.

BREAKDOWN:
16 – Total Cards
5 – Rated Rookie
4 – Lime Green Parallels
2 – Diamond Kings
1 - Illusions
1 – Retro 1986
1 – Stained Glass
1 – Retired Great



8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of this product, but I'd definitely say this was a pretty good pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lime green looks pretty cool to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not a bad looking card. But not a color I ever would have thought of using.

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite Panini products. I normally pick up a couple of packs of Optic during a normal year. Unfortunately, this is not a normal year, and I am not fighting people for retail packs at Wally World and Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky. Small town Wal-Mart makes it a big easier and at times harder. This stayed on the shelves for two weeks. This week someone went through and cleared everything out.

      Delete