Friday, January 22, 2021

2020 Christmas Haul

 I'm a little late on this but Santa Claus was good to me on Christmas.  It was a very quiet day with only immediate family but I did make it to see daughters on the days before and after Christmas.  I received no cards this year but I also didn't ask for any.  I'm extremely happy with everything I received.  My family knows me so Star Wars is always a safe bet.  The shirt came from a daughter and the dog leash and collar came from the same daughter that gave me these...

One of my daughters got me these which I think are really cool.  They are "patent office" drawings based on DC, Marvel and Transformers.  I really like these.  They are weathered to give them a feel that they come from years ago.  Just unique and cool.  My plan is to put these up at work when I'm no longer teleworking.
I received a PS4 last year so I asked for two video games which were each half price by December.  I love NBA 2K21.  That does not mean I'm good at it or a gamer by today's definition but I really do enjoy playing it and will probably do a "review" at some point soon.  Madden 21 is also really fun.  I'm a big Heart fan so the DVD is a good add though I think one with more of their classic stuff is my preference.  The Nickelback and AC/DC compact discs are nice additions to the collection.  AC/DC can't be streamed or downloaded which I like.  Have to buy their music old school...if CDs count as old school.

I've been slowly picking up the Star Wars SteelBooks.  SteelBooks are niche and aren't necessarily that much greater than other releases but I like them for this purpose.  Again Santa was good to me and I'm blessed to have received so much goodness.  Can't thank my family and Santa enough. 




6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard about it before as I don't "stream" things, but good on AC/DC for bucking the trend! I love those drawings, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought it was a pretty cool thing they did with their music.

      Delete
  2. Didn't even know the drawings were a thing. Pretty cool.Definitely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed that the drawings were pretty unique.

      Delete
  3. Love that shirt. I feel like I had something very similar to that when I was a kid. And not exactly sure the definition of "streaming", but I just played Back in Black yesterday for one of my periods on Spotify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the look of the classic Star Wars shirt. And I stand corrected. AC/DC does sell their songs online now. "The band refused to sell its albums on download stores like iTunes until 2012, and eschewed streaming until three years after that."

      Delete