Friday, January 1, 2021

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 1

Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 1: I'm a huge Green Lantern fan but when Geoff Johns took the helm of the comic for his historic run I was not at a point where I could buy comics.  Ever since I've wanted to read the Geoff Johns collection and was finally able to pick up the three Geoff Johns Green Lantern omnibuses.  I've finished volume 1 and I was not disappointed.  It includes 1200+ pages of excellence.  Johns does such a great job of taking the great characters from the Green Lantern universe and giving them the storyline they deserve.  I won't go in to any detail on the book as I can't do it justice.  Just know this is a great read.  



4 comments:

  1. Green Lantern was my favorite DC (Super Friends) character when I was a kid. Never got into the comic books though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Super Friends was great. Never missed that as a kid.

      Delete
  2. I prefer Johns' run (no pun intended) on The Flash. His GL was good, but I preferred Kyle Rayner instead of Hal Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit I've liked Kyle Rayner better as well. Always thought his character added something to the Green Lantern books it hasn't ever had. Glad you mentioned you liked the Flash run. I'm definitely thinking of reading the Geoff Johns run on Flash but gotta get through the next two volumes of Green Lantern first.

    ReplyDelete