Sunday, March 20, 2022

2021-2022 Donruss Basketball Blaster

 2021-2022 Donruss Basketball: March Madness is in full swing and all our brackets are dumpster fires.  Found some Donruss basketball in the wild yesterday so I'll show off the blaster today starting with James Harden.  If Brooklyn can stay healthy these guys can compete with any team...even with Ben Simmons.  Low blow I know.
I was all excited about these until I opened the box and remembered it has the same Donruss design I dislike across the other sports.  Just blah.  
Not a lot of Rated Rookies in a blaster but this year's crop is solid even it the rookies aren't taking the league by storm yet.
On to the inserts and we get Dame which is always great.  I like that photo.  Three Jazz looking like they could do nothing to stop him.  Probably true.
Retired greats have a bare minimum presence in basketball cards this year.  Very disappointing. I like the Complete Players insert but think they could tweak the name somehow.  Bland name.
Price on this blaster was $27 I think while the packs I picked up were over $7 each.  For Donruss?  Ugh.  The Orange Laser parallels at least gave life to some of the cards.
Some favorite players of mine.
Really good pull in this box if nothing else.  Not sure I'll pick more of these up.  Given the option I'll grab more Hoops and I've already picked up a ton of Hoops.


BREAKDOWN:
88 – Total Cards
7 – Rated Rookie
7 – Orange Laser Parallel
1 – Retired Great
1 – Complete Players
1 – Power in the Paint
1 – Franchise Features
1 – Great Expectations


4 comments:

  1. The inserts are very colorful and the Lillard is a sharp looking card, but yeah the Donruss base cards are bland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rough when you don't like a design and they use it across multiple sports. Hoping this year's design will be better.

      Delete
  2. Panini is treating Donruss like Upper Deck did with Collector's Choice it seems. Still, I was happy to get a $25 blaster from the Target website because it's been so long since I've been able to open packs of basketball. Thanks for showing off your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll start seeing some basketball on the shelves. It's pretty common here in Illinois. Glad you were able to get the blaster from Target.

      Delete