Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Batman MetaX Game Cards

Batman MetaX:  Picked these up last year when they showed up in the wild and were basically the only things on the shelves.  I'm not into the game but as a nerd I do enjoy the characters and art.  This is very topical with The Batman doing so well in theaters right now.
Hard to find out a lot about the individual cards but it has a pretty good checklist.  I like many of the characters in the Batman universe.  Batgirl is one of my favorites.  Many of the ladies from his comics are favorites. 
Seems like they are using art previously done by comic artists which is pretty cool.  It means some of the art is familiar like Bane breaking Batman's back which is a cover from the Knightfall story arc.

Not all of the art is a hit to me but I'm good with seeing art I'm not familiar with and possibly becoming a fan.  Not sure who that is on the middle card. 
That Deathstroke is a "rare" card.  Again tracking down specifics on these are very tough so I'm not totally sure of that or what it means.  These are definitely fun.  The art and characters make them a win.  I don't think I'd pick up the entire set but I would be tempted to pick up another pack if I saw them on the shelves again.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
1 – Rare?



6 comments:

  1. Never got into playing any CCG... but I've always enjoyed collecting the cards. My favorites are the character cards. It's always fun to see how their skills compare to other characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are fun too and I do like seeing how they rate their different skills. The grandsons love that too though they don't really get it but it is fun.

      Delete
  2. Middle card with red hair is Oracle, Barbara Gordon, the original Batgirl. I bought a pack of this but haven't opened it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known that having read the Birds of Prey comics. And I looked at her over and over but kept thinking she was some random character I didn't know. Hopefully you have a fun rip with your pack.

      Delete
  3. I thought I saw some of those packs once but didn't pick them up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete