Friday, March 4, 2022

2021 Topps Stadium Club

 2021 Stadium Club: This pack was part of a Walgreens fine.  They had a blister pack that had two packs of cards in it.  I thought they were both Stadium Club but the second was a 2021 Series 2 pack.  A little bummed at that but this is my first look at Stadium Club so I'm still happy.  Kick it off with Adam Wainwright.  Although he is a Cardinal I've still grown to really like this dude.  Not only is he a good guy but just had a great year at age 39 (17-7, 3.09 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, 206 Innings).
Of course there has to be a Yankee in this pack.  I will admit the photo is a good one which Stadium Club is of course known for.
That DeJong is a sepia parallel which doesn't do much for me.  I think black and white is a better way to go.  Until Stadium Club included these parallels I doubt anyone had a clue what sepia was...and some probably still don't.  For reference from Google:  Sepia is a black-brown colour with a reddish tone. It is named after the Sepia cuttlefish from which this pigment derives.  That Woodruff is a red parallel.

And another Yankee...  Not a bad pack.  Some good photos and a good pull overall.  


BREAKDOWN:
5 – Total Cards
1 – Red Parallel
1 – Retired Great
1 – Sepia Parallel


7 comments:

  1. Yankees collectors scored big with TSC. That Jeter is fantastic... and who doesn't appreciate a nice bat flip card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a product I didn't see on the shelves this year. With cards sticking around longer I'm hoping the 2022 Stadium Club will be easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Waino card! I'll never get tired of seeing the powder blue Cardinals uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss being able to find Stadium Club in stores. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge surprise for me so it was a happy surprise.

      Delete