Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss Baseball

2021 Donruss:  I don't seem to pull many cards of Ohtani pitching so this one is a nice pickup. Hoping he can have another MVP performance this year.  He is so good and fun to watch.
This set is not a favorite of mine.  The design is lackluster, and the no logo thing is still a sticking point with me.  
This throwback to '87 didn't work for me with the white borders.  Give me the black borders if we are doing this.  Big Puma for the nickname variation.  I do love seeing retired greats in the set.
I do like the Independence Day variations.  Gives the cards some pizzaz.
No complaints about my pull though.
The Diamond Kings and that purple can go.  That Harper is one of my red parallels.  Good pull in this pack.  I'll be happy with that.  Just not a design I'll go search out.


BREAKDOWN: 
30 – Total Cards
6 – Retro 1987
4 – Rated Rookie
4 – Diamond Kings
3 – Red Parallel
1 - Highlights
1 – Nickname
1 – Photo Variation
1 – Independence Day 


 

4 comments: