Monday, January 2, 2023

McFarlane Bane Figure

Couldn't wait for the grandsons to open their Bane figures this year around Christmas.   He looked cool online and even better in the box.  And we weren't disappointed when they opened the boxes.  This guy looks great.

He's a McFarlane megafig which means he's taller than the normal 7" most McFarlane figures stand.  This guy is 8 1/2" of greatness.  Also means his price was $39.99 when it was released.  Doesn't look like he is still available at that price though.
I'm not an expert of even a huge fan of Bane but I obviously like this figure.  The detail, the size and look really do it for me.  The back has his tank of super-steroid Venom that helps give him his strength.  I like the green on the tubes.  I think this take on Bane is one from a comic version but it kind of reminds me of the old Batman movies where he appeared.
I was surprised how poseable he is.  He's no Spider-Man but for as big and bulky he is, he is easy to work with.  Plenty of articulation and his large feet make him easy to stand.

I stuck with some pretty standard poses but it was all about just showing Bane off.  As always if you like action figures, McFarlane is one of the best out there right now putting them out.  They aren't toys though.  My grandsons, 7 and 5, love them but they don't always stand up to the pounding they put them through.  For us adults, who are still basically seven year olds, we can appreciate these.  Wish I had grabbed one of these for myself.  Lesson learned.  
Selfie...

4 comments:

  1. I think that's based on his cartoon appearance based on the mask. I had no idea DC had licensed to McFarlane but I saw the Super Powers figures in Walmart last month. If I hadn't been retired from figure collecting I might have brought some home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely cutting into my card budget. McFarlane is doing a great job.

      Delete