Sunday, January 8, 2023

Random Wax: 2020 Absolute Football

2020 Absolute: I picked up a lot of this brand in 2020 and I think, think, this is the last pack I have to show off.  J.J. Watt has announced his retirement after this season.  Dude had an amazing career and will be sorely missed. 
Crazy how these packs age so quickly.  When I originally scanned these two years ago who knew?  All the ups and downs Tannehill would go through?  Von Miller would win a Super Bowl with the Rams?  Derek Carr would likely be given up on by the Raiders?
Rookies!  I'm sure all these panned out...  Only McFarland is still in the NFL but hasn't really done anything.
Godwin is of course great in Tampa and Davis is a solid receiver for the Bills while KJ Hamler has struggled in the NFL.  I liked this set's design and this was another fun pack.  Doesn't look like it but that Edwards-Helaire is a green parallel.
BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
9 – RC
3 – Green Parallel
1 – Introductions
1 – Star Gazing



 
 

4 comments:

  1. A little harrowing seeing Gabe Davis with #3 on, which is the number Damar Hamlin wears and has been seen all over TV screens the past few days. But Davis has turned into a very good receiver, so a solid RC pull there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw the number I had to do a double check. Definitely a good pull.

      Delete
  2. Watt was a beast when he was healthy. Glad he wrapped up his career with a few solid games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Great when they are still productive as they retire.

      Delete