Sunday, January 22, 2023

Random Wax: 2020 Score Football

2020 Score Football:  Christian McCaffrey and the San Francisco 49ers are in the zone with rookie QB Brock Perdy.  McCaffrey is a favorite player of mine and I love how he's blended right in the the 49ers and had an excellent season in San Fran after the trade from Carolina.  They now get the Cowboys-Bucs winner this week.
I definitely like this design more now than I did originally.  Travis Kelce and the Chiefs had another great season enroute to a number one seed.  Saquon Barkley rushed for over 1300 yards this season in a great jump back season.  The Giants have also made some noise in the playoffs in a surprise year.
Chris Godwin had a good year for the Bucs catching 104 balls from Tom Terrific.  Speaking of... Not sure of all the pink on these In the Zone cards.  Nothing against pink, just not my preference on cards.
I like these Next Level Stats inserts.  Close up look at the players and stats.
None of these guys have made their mark in the NFL yet but plenty of rookies in this large set.
I like both these inserts.  3D also gives us a chance to see retired greats like one of my favorite players Luke Kuechly.
I really don't get these Deep Dive cards.  No complaints with a Patrick Mahomes pull but this insert isn't one I care for.  Hoping for a good weekend for the Chiefs.  I'd love to see them and the Bills go at it again for the AFC Championship.

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
4 – In the Zone
3 – Red Parallel
2 – Next Level
2 – Game Face
2 – Huddle Up
1 – Deep Dive





5 comments:

  1. The 49ers look unstoppable. Well... that's what everyone keeps telling me. Can't believe I'm rooting for the Cowboys today. It's been a few decades since that's happened... and if I had to guess it was against a favored 49er squad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 49ers didn't look great but won it. Dallas could have won it but turnovers and timely bad D let them down.

      Delete
  2. I agree this set has grown on me the more I see cards from it. Of course, I like that Cam Heyward insert, but then again, I did not know that card existed having never seen it before. I do like the Deep Dive inserts. I cannot say why but I do like them for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cam will be headed your way at some point.

      Delete
    2. I have to dig out your stack of cards that I have for you. With the move to a new house, I had to combine odd things together. But I have some new ones to add to the stack.

      Delete