Sunday, January 1, 2023

Panini Basketball Tin (Damian Lillard)

20-21 Prizm/20-21 Optic: Happy New Year!  I don't always gravitate towards tins but when I saw Dame I took the leap.  Just kind of cool and I love Dame.  These come with four packs of cards, two each of 20-21 Prizm and Optic for a total of 16 cards.  I didn't even know what was in it when I bought it.  I assumed it was Hoops actually.
The design on these is good.  They really look good aside of each other.  Brook Lopez is a favorite of mine so I'm happy to see him.
That Caleb Martin is a red parallel.  Not the greatest pull in these two packs overall.  Maybe Optic will be better.
My first look at these.  They are Optic versions of 20-21 Donruss which is fine but not a lot of wow factor for me.  Nice Draymond and my pull was definitely better in these packs. 
Fun tin and pretty good cards.  I wouldn't grab another one of these but I'm happy with my Dame tin.  I can't find a checklist for the tins but looking at eBay most of the major NBA stars are available.  I found mine at Wal-Mart and I think the price was $24.95 but don't hold me to that.

BREAKDOWN:
8 - 2020-2021 Prizm
  1 – RC
  2 – Red Parallel
8 – 2020-2021 Optic
  2 – Rated Rookie
  2 – Purple Parallel



6 comments:

  1. I wish I could collect more basketball but this price point is prohibitive even if I could find them at my local retailers. Anything over $1 a card is a big gamble. The Optic cards in particular are really nice. Just wish they were cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price point really is an issue on Optic and Prizm. I'm not really a shiny card guy so I get more excited about Hoops and Donruss basketball. This was all about the tin.

      Delete
  2. The tins look pretty cool. Haliburton RC is solid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haliburton is looking great for Indy and having a career year.

      Delete
  3. That tin is really cool. I wonder if they made a Kobe tin. If so, I'd love to stumble across one at the flea market, so I can add it to my Lakers shelf. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a Kobe tin but agree it'd be pretty cool.

      Delete