Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss Baseball

2021 Donruss: Not a big fan of this design but I did pick it up when it came out.  Let's start with a nickname variation.  Quite a few variations in this set so you have to be on your toes. Jose Altuve and the Houston Astros have been so dominant in recent years and picked up their second championship last year.
I've had better pulls before but the retired greats helped this pack out.  I'll show those off later.  No offense to Miggy who'll be a first ballot Hall of Famer.
The Diamond Kings don't really thrill me but they feel better than some of the other offerings in recent years.  Dominators isn't bad.  That Tim Anderson is a red parallel.
Here we have a career stat line variation on a Retro 1987 design.  Bohm isn't showing off much power yet but has shown he can hit.
These are all fun pulls.  Love retired greats.  I will say John Smoltz looks like he was playing for the White Sox with those colors.  It really looks black and gray.
Again not a design I like but I can take some joy from the retired greats.  And Rickey really falls into that category.  Dude was fun on and off the field.


 BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – Retro 1987
3 – Rated Rookie
3 – Red Parallels
3 – Diamond Kings
1 – Duplicate
1 – Nickname
1 – Dominators
1 – Career Stat Line


2 comments:

  1. Dallas Keuchel is a .. "Dominator"? Oh, Donruss lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Seen that with other brands sometimes as well but Keuchel stood out to me.

      Delete