Sunday, March 5, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss NASCAR Hobby Box (Part Deux)

2021 Donruss NASCAR:  We'll kick off my second look at my 2021 Hobby Box with former champion and current driver/owner Brad Keselowski.  Winners at New Hampshire Motor Speedway receive a lobster amongst other accolades.
This take on the '88 Donruss Baseball design is one I like.  I was late to being a fan of Kurt Busch but I am.  Unfortunately, a concussion ended his season and career late in the regular season in 2022.  He' along with Kevin Harvick are former champions.  Kurt has totaled 34 wins while Harvick has 60.  NASCAR is racing in Vegas today.  



One of my two relics from the box.  This is a Retro 88 relic.
Zane Smith drives in the truck series and is my favorite at that level.  He won the Truck Series Championship in 2022 and will drive some in the Xfinity series this year.  He also drove at Daytona two weeks ago in the Cup race placing a respectable 13th in only his second career race at the sport's top level. 
The paint schemes and sponsors are as much a part of the sport as anything.  Nice design on this Kevin Harvick car.  The flames, black paint scheme and the classic pony on the front give it a good look.
I always enjoy Race Kings.  This design is a bit blah but I've seen worse.  Chase Elliot and Bubba are two of my favorite drivers.  
These Action Packed inserts are nice.  This one is a parallel but I can't remember which one.
Dale Jr. is fun and his Dirty Mo Media does a great job covering the sport.  His TV show and podcast are great listens.  Plenty greats of the sport and others in the know are guests and Jr. as a former driver with really good insights.  Retired greats are part of what makes the set fun.
My favorite all-time driver Rusty Wallace with that Miller Lite logo he is so famous for in one of the Optic inserts.
Another great insert.  I really like these colors and design.
Parallel inserts include NASCAR Classics, Elite Series and Contenders.  I also pulled a redemption card for a Jimmie Johnson autograph.  I sold the redemption on eBay.  I enjoy 2021 Donruss NASCAR and it was fun looking back at more cards from the hobby box.  We'll end it with another Rusty Wallace.  I like that Retro Series design and Rusty with another of the sponsors he was known for.
BREAKDOWN:
192 – Total Cards
61 – Retro 1988
24 – Optic
20 – Race Kings
17 – Retired Greats
14 – Silver Parallel
10 – Rated Rookie
8 – Car Cards
5 – Retro Series
4 – NASCAR Classics
4 – Red Parallel #/299
3 - Contenders
3 – Dominators
3 – Aero Package
3 – Action Packed
3 – Blue Parallel #/199
2 – Elite Series
2 – Green Parallel #/99
1 – Retro 1988 Relic
1 – Purple Parallel #/49
1 – Holographic Parallel #/199
1 – Race Day Relic Black Parallel #/10
1 – Timeless Treasures Signatures Holo Gold #/25 (Redemption)





4 comments:

  1. Hamlin not a bad relic to pull at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like that William Byron Racing King. The Brad K one with the lobster is sweet looking even though I am not a fan of his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Brad K guy either but yeah that is a cool looking card.

      Delete