Sunday, July 5, 2020

Affordable Breaks 1995 Stadium Club Football

1995 Stadium Club Football:  Colbey over at the Cardboard Collections blog also runs the Affordable Breaks on Facebook.  If you aren't a part of these you are missing out.  He allows stacking (saving up cards from multiple breaks prior to shipping) which is a huge plus.  These came in a box with a bunch of baseball cards which I hope to share later in the week.  Bottom line is the cards are fun and prices are great.  I grabbed five teams in this one.  Falcons and Bills are my teams but the Chargers, Saints and Broncos allowed me to pick up some personal collection guys as well.  That includes this sweet John Elway MVP insert.  This is card is diecut.  That white to the left of Elway's photo is actually cut out.  Really cool card.
 So many greats on those Buffalo Bills teams.   Didn't pull a Thurman Thomas but a quick look shows he wasn't in the set.  That's a head scratcher.
 I always had a soft spot for Jeff George.  Such a great arm.  Such a head case.
 Natrone Means was a beast who helped the Chargers to the 1994 Super Bowl before they lost to the 49ers.  He rushed for over 1300 yards that season.  A cool Junior Seau insert as well.
 Jim Everett is another guy I always liked and collect.  That base card photo is a bit questionable and I'm not a fan of the gold numbers on the white jerseys.  I do like the jersey Quinn Early is wearing and Topps redeems themselves with the photo on Everett's Extreme insert.
Oddly enough I pulled two Elway inserts, which is awesome, but not his base card.
This is a pretty cool Junior Seau.  These are some cool cards and really happy with my pull.  Fun mail day.

Mario Bates rushed for ~3,000 yard in his career and got himself a nice Ground Attack insert in this set.

BREAKDOWN:
102 - Total Cards
3 - Extreme Corps
2 - Draft Pick
1 - Ground Attack

8 comments:

  1. I’m glad the package arrived safely. We may try more football again in the near future as those TSC boxes seemed to go over well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear. Football cards are just as fun as the baseball though I know the hobby's priority is squarely on the diamond.

      Delete
  2. I grew up seeing those old Broncos uniforms. Mid-90s Stadium Club is such a gold mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did as well I'm a fan of them. Classic. Stadium Club bad so many good releases.

      Delete
  3. That Elway is cool Topps had some really cool laser cut cards back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like. I hadn't seen one like that before. Definitely a sweet card.

      Delete
  4. Wow, hard to believe that was 25 years ago. Great photography in my opinion and the design screams mid-1990s for sure. Go Broncos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely some nice looking cards and photos

      Delete