Friday, July 10, 2020

Card Added: David Ortiz 2013 Topps S2 Boston Strong Variation

 2013 Topps Series 2 #595 SP David Ortiz:  I've been stalking this card for years.  The price has yo-yo'd throughout that time and I've missed out on a few because I took too much time debating whether or not to pull the trigger.  Not this time.  I saw it listed for $45 and jumped.  At it's peak it's gone for over $100 but $45 definitely seems to be the low end for this card which is where it can be found sometimes.  I'm stoked.  The photo shows David Ortiz during a ceremony at Fenway after the Boston Marathon bombings.  He famously stated "This is our ****king city" after thanking local first responders and officials to their response to the tragedy.  It's just resonated with me ever since. Not just Ortiz but Boston as a whole during that point in time.  Ortiz is a legend in Boston and this only added to his legacy.  I NEVER spend this much money on single cards but I'm very happy to add this card to my collection.  I've seen it listed as both a SP and a SSP but it probably doesn't really matter.  What matters is where to display it.  

9 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite cards ever, and I was thrilled to pick up a copy on COMC a few years back. Congrats on adding this to your collection at an affordable price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. By far one of my favorite cards and I love Big Papi.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! It's a shame they made this card a SP. I'd love to own a copy of this card, but that's probably never going to happen unless I accidentally stumble across one in a dime box or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a shame. I stay away from almost all SP cards due to the price. This is my lone exception at least in this price range.

      Delete
  3. Awesome pick-up! I've got a copy of this one and it's a top 10 David Ortiz for me out of the hundreds of cards I have of his. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Despite it being a red Sox player and one I don’t like the most lol

    ReplyDelete