Monday, July 6, 2020

1992 Star Pics

 1992 Star Pics Basketball:  This was one of the packs that came with my Amazon purchase in May.  The set contains the majority of the players from the 1992 NBA Draft and totals 90 cards.  Kendall Gill was definitely highlight of the pack.  The jersey looks like an airbrushed Charlotte jersey so no NBA license here. With so many players drafted some names are familiar but many are not.   
 It's nice they had the college license so no airbrushing for this set.  I don't know anything about these guys.  I could google them but I'm not even sure it's worth it.  The fronts are somewhat bland thought not a bad design.  I think the pastel colors just don't do it for me.  
 I thought I'd heard Isaiah Morris...but I don't think so after looking him up.  One season with the Pistons averaging 2.2 points.  The write-ups on the back are actually good.  If you don't know anything about the player these are a quick easy primer.  Stats would have been nice.  I probably won't ever see these again but it was fun seeing a product that is new to me.  

I know this guy!  Drafted in 1992 he played quite a while and was a part of that Charles Barkley led Phoenix Suns team that lost to the Bulls in the 1992-1993 NBA Finals.

BREAKDOWN
8 – Total Cards
1 – Flashback

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize they had packs of Star Pics. I remember buying the boxed sets back in 1990 and 1991 though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Came with an Amazon order. 100 basketball cards in packs. It was just one of the different packs I received.

      Delete