Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Favorite Cards

 This tradition I stole from the many other bloggers who do this but I love it.  It is also hard.  I really thought this would be easier this year but it definitely wasn't.  My favorite card of the year though has to be this one.  Denny Hamlin wearing a mask of himself.  It is a 2020 Prizm SP and one I pulled just this month but I love it.  I know it is easy to say "it is so 2020" but I like that he didn't take himself too seriously and it's creepy funny.  
I've wanted this card for a long time and when I was finally able to find one at a good price I was  excited.  During this speech David Ortiz famously stated "This is our ****king city" after thanking local first responders and officials for their response to the Boston Marathon bombing.  





Nique is my favorite all-time player and this card has always been one I like.  I happened to pull it this year from a pack from a pack lot sale.  Great photo and he is framed by Atlanta Hawks on the board in the background.  And you have to love the excitement of the fan in the background (bottom left)!





My favorite football card was so easy.  Nothing better than Drew Brees looking like a boss on this 2001 Upper Deck Vintage card.





This card was a no brainer.  Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) with her black leather coat and cigarette...gotta love it.  And who doesn't love the closing scene of Grease when we were all blow away by her transformation.  
This Sidney Crosby card has a great photo as it goes horizontal.  You see the intensity on his face and ya just have to figure it didn't end well for some poor goalie.
Asuka is a great WWE personality and I really liked this photo, and card design, as she celebrates her NXT Women's Championship in 2016.  Pulled this one in October from a 2017 WWE NXT Blaster.

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year!






10 comments:

  1. That Hamlin is so cool. As I mentioned when you showed it, I can already see the Topps mask SPs in 2021.

    That Dominique is awesome. Funny how a card from a common set can have such a lasting impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for the mask SPs! And you are right. There are other cards that are barely worth the cardboard they are printed on but are great photos or moments captured forever.

      Delete
  2. Great picks. Love the top 3... and of course the Asuka. Have a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved that Nique card. Just a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what the deal was with that Hamlin card. makes sense now that you've explained it.

    The Ortiz speech card is one of my all-time favorite Sox singles. And 'Nique had so many awesome cards - I've been tempted to add him to my PC list.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who have seen the Hamlin card but aren't really sure of what it's about. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. The 'Nique is a classic, no matter what year it is!

    ReplyDelete