Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Random Wax: 2019 Score Football Blaster with Relic

 2019 Score Football: Drew Brees retired this week so this blaster seemed a great way to kick off this Sunday.  Dude was crazy good for so long and of course holds many NFL passsing records to show for it. He won a Super Bowl ring to go along with his great career.  He also has one of my all-time favorite cards where he looks like a boss as a San Diego Charger
To say I like 2019 Score is an understatement.  I picked it up ever chance I got.  This post has been sitting around for a while ready to go.  I had a really good pull including this Mahomes and PC guy Luke Kuechly.








These blasters come with hits and mine was a good one.  Mack's hasn't hit double digits in the sack column since 2018 but he still had nine last season.
There are always plenty of inserts in Score.  Epix seems to be a collector favorite.  The Throwbacks Steelers card is a miss.  I see no throwback in that uni.
Tom Terrific.  'Nuff said.  That Ravens Huddle Up is one of the better cards from this insert set in my opinion.  The photo is taken closer to the huddle than may of the others I've seen. 
Score does a good job showcasing rookies as well with base cards and inserts. The excitement around that Haskins rookie card felt a lot different when I pulled it two years ago.  Same can be said for the Minshew but in a different way.

And another Steeler...This was a fun box of cards.  Love this set and I enjoy looking at these each time I post them.  


BREAKDOWN:
132 – Total Cards
34 – RC
4 - Captains
4 – Gold Parallel
3 – Epix
3 – Throwbacks
3 – Signal Callers
3 – Fantasy Stars
3 – 2019 NFL Draft
2 – All-Hands Team
1 – Celebration
1 – Huddle Up
1 – Scorecard Parallel
1 – Defenders Jersey Relic




4 comments:

  1. Love that Celebration insert of Juju Smith Shuster. I just hope the Steelers can keep him this offseason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be real interesting where he ends up and if the Steelers can keep him. He'd be tough to replace.

      Delete
  2. I keep hoping to see you pull one of the buybacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. As many as these I busted you'd think the odds were in my favor.

      Delete