Sunday, March 14, 2021

Random Wax: 2020 Donruss NASCAR

 2020 Donruss NASCAR: I was out for a long drive yesterday with the music up and ran by a Wal-Mart I haven't been to in years.  Found me some 2020 and 2021 Donruss NASCAR fat packs which made me really happy.  We'll kick this pack off with the reigning NASCAR champion on this checkerboard parallel Contenders insert.  Chase Elliott is having a good start to the season currently sitting in fourth place after four races.

This set's base card design is shown on that Clint Bowyer card while the Retro 1987 cards have almost the same amount of cards within the set.  I think the black borders and race wheels in the gray border really work even though I'm not a big fan of that design on the original 1987 baseball set.
Simple but good looking car cards.
I enjoy seeing retired greats in the set like we do here on that gray looking silver parallel of Michael Waltrip.  The Sorenson and Almirola cards are Carolina Blue parallels while Almirola's card is also one of the Optics that collectors like finding in these sets.
The Top Tier inserts are nice looking cards working in the driver and the car.  Another retired great, Hall of Famer and two-time champion Terry Labonte.  I'm a big fan of the Race Kings cards as well as all the "Kings" cards across the different Donruss sets.  Fun pack.  Plenty of good drivers and a nice surprise find these.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
11 – Retro 1987
4 – Retired Greats
3 – Carolina Blue Parallels
2 – Contenders
1 – Top Tier
1 – Race Kings
1 – Silver Parallel
1 – Checkers Parallel

4 comments:

  1. Do I see that correctly that Clint Bowyer trademarked his name?

    I really enjoy seeing the NASCAR cards you share. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that. Surely not... that's crazy if he did. I'm glad you enjoy. It's nice to find these in the wild still.

      Delete
  2. The 1987 Donruss design works really well with NASCAR. In addition to the little black wheels in the gray area... the gray area itself looks like a tire mark.

    ReplyDelete