Friday, April 23, 2021

2020-21 Prizm Basketball Blaster

 2020-2021 Prizm Basketball: I was really lucky to grab this box.  I was at my local Wal-Mart as the vendor was restocking.  A first for me.  There was already a guy there waiting and he grabbed all the Prizm but did give me a box which made me happy.  He left all the baseball too which was good.  We'll kick it off with the star of the team with the best record in basketball.  Mitchell is having a career year.  He is so good and only 24 years-old.  
Add in these guys and I'm really enjoying my pull.  Steph is on a tear right now shooting and Kawhi is having another great year.  I'm not a shiny card guy but I think this is a good design.  The color in the outline stands out more in hand.
I like that retired greats are part of the set.  We can never get enough of them.  I can take or leave the Dominance inserts though.
You'll find the younger guys here as well.  If there was any complaint about this box it'd be that I didn't see any rookies who are doing anything right now.  But you can say that about any random break I think.
That Vassell is a green parallel.
That backs are good and colorful.  I still don't get why they have total points (when they already have points per game average) and total blocks and steals when you only see those discussed in terms of per game averages.  These blasters come with hits and mine was a Domantas Sabonis relic.  He's a PC guy and one of my favorites in the game today so I'm very happy.  Good box and glad I had a chance at one.


BREAKDOWN:
24 – Total Cards
5 – RC
1 - Duplicate
1 - Emergent
1 - Dominance
1 – Retired Great
1 – Green Parallel
1 – Instant Impact
1 – Sensational Swatches



8 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I think you have a pile for me? If you do, can you add that Quickley to it? We probably should work out the trade sometime lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lucky to find that. Cool Mitchell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm digging Mitchell more and more. He is so good.I'm hoping Utah can make a nice run in the playoffs this year as long as it isn't at the expense of the Blazers.

      Delete
  3. Glad the guy let you buy one of these boxes. It's a shame that Walmart allows one person to come in and clean out the entire stock of basketball. I don't blame the flipper, it's the system that's flawed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough nowadays. I do like what Target is doing. It's pain for guys to stand in line to get stuff but it's better than nothing.

      Delete
    2. Is Target announcing when they receive shipment and having them line up? If so, that's awesome. It'd also explain why I saw a huge line outside of Target yesterday morning on my way into work.

      Delete
    3. Some targets have a specific time folks can buy basketball, football and baseball cards and they set limits.

      Delete