Sunday, April 25, 2021

2021 Donruss Baseball

 2021 Donruss Baseball:  Was able to grab multiple packs of these at the same time I snared the Prizm basketball I showed off Friday.  I, like many, am not a big fan of the lack of logos so this is always a tough sell for me.  Doesn't mean there aren't cards I like but I sigh a lot thinking how much better it'd be with logos.  I did grab a relic in this pack and it was a star player so big bonus there.  
The design is a little different this year but I don't mind different.  The photos are good and I like the color but it seems to missing something (other than the logo).  Almost too much of the primary color.  Maybe something to break it up.
We have a couple nickname variations here on the first two cards.  The backs are the pretty standard and boring backs we expect from Donruss.  Doesn't seem like the different variations are as hard to pull as you see with Topps.  The list (and photos) of the various variations can be found here.
I do enjoy the inclusion of retired greats on these Retro 1987 inserts.  There are three red parallels per pack.
The Diamond Kings aren't doing it for me.  I'm okay with purple but it doesn't seem to work here in my opinion.  The Dominators are nice inserts.  And of course we have the Rated Rookies to show of the young players.
Just showing off the back of one of the Retro 1987 inserts.  I would have preferred career stats but that is asking a lot.  Even without the team logos this was a fun pack.  I'll show off the others I picked up throughout the year. 


BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – Retro 1987
3 – Rated Rookie
3 – Diamond Kings
3 – Holo Red Parallel
2 – Player Nickname Variation
1 – Dominators
1 – Retro 1987 Materials


8 comments:

  1. I was able to finally find some of the 2021 Donruss at the local Target last night. This design is better than others in the past. I am not sure besides Indians cards if I will pursue too much out of this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Team sets are I'll be looking for.

      Delete
  2. This product always seems to deliver in the design department. Love the Carter and McGwire cards. That relic ain't too shabby either😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitley not complaining about the relic.

      Delete
  3. I've got plenty of the 2021 Donruss. Literally dupes galore. Some of the "variation" cards are just flat out nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of dupes are just too much. I tire of them easily and it just seems like too much work finding those especially where the variation is on the back.

      Delete
  4. Cool Tatis relic!

    I wish I could find some of this to open.

    ReplyDelete