Thursday, April 29, 2021

2021 Leaf Draft Football Retail Blaster


 2021 Leaf Draft Football: NFL draft starts today so this retail blaster is perfect for this morning.  These come with a complete 50 card set as well as two autographs.  Where else do you kick this off except with this guy who is the presumptive number one pick tonight.  I hope he does well in the NFL but you just never know.
The fronts are fine design wise and have the Leaf vibe to them.  The lack of logos is of course no fun but for these boxes you're rolling the dice on the autographs. 
We'll see how my two go.  They aren't first round guys but should go somewhere in the draft on Saturday.  This year is definitely the year you' hoping for an auto from a quarterback with so many expected to go in the first round.  The autos came in the top loaders you see here though they weren't in penny sleeves.  The hobby blasters come with three autos but I doubt you can find them for what you pay for these at retail.
The backs have some generic information.  I'd prefer their college stats but it is what it is.  The set comes in a box within the blaster.  Lawrence is the first and last card in the set which can make for some dings which I found on the back of his All-American card.
The All-American cards make up the last 11 cards of the base set and I really like the design.  This box definitely isn't something I'd normally go for but it was there so I said "why not".  There's some fun with these.  I wouldn't grab a second one but it was funning taking a chance.

BREAKDOWN: 
52 – Total Cards
2 - XRC Autographs

6 comments:

  1. I would love to take any Zach Wilsons off your hands. I'm really worried I won't be able to find/afford any this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm breaking up the set. I'll let you know if that's what I decide to do.

      Delete
  2. Two Trevor Lawrences?! Not bad. I like the Ja'Marr Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not happy with the way they did this product this year, I found two blasters in the wild, I will break and show off mine soon on Cards Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely a roll of the dice. If you don't like the set itself then it's all on the autos which are hit and miss.

      Delete