Thursday, April 7, 2022

2022 Topps Opening Day Hobby Box

2022 Topps Opening Day: Finally time for some baseball.  Let's kick it off with the Atlanta Braves, the 2021 World Champions. Ronald Acuna Jr. wasn't able to be a part of the World Series due to injury but he's still a great place to start.
You gotta let me enjoy this.  Plenty of Braves in this box which made my day.
These perforated Triple Play cards are pretty cool.  I didn't think I'd care for them but I dig 'em.  I'll never tear them apart but never say never.
I  didn't pull a Franco but there are still plenty of young rookies to go around. 

I really like these full bleed Opening Day inserts.  Great photo here of the great Royals catcher Salvador Perez.
RCs, Rookie Cups and still more young players to come.  
Speaking of...  It really seems like the photography in this year's set is better than last year's. 
Bomb Squad inserts have a good mix of current stars and Retired Legends.  Was really happy to pull Big Papi and Hank Aaron.
I like the design this year.  It's nice and clean.  And they didn't use a two font.
That Cole is an Opening Day Blue Foil parallel.  I do think the set could use a few more inserts.  Like the flagship the packs are dominated by base cards.
The backs are nice.  Just enough color that it isn't plain and we get the awesomeness that is career stats.  And Kershaw's are some great ones to look at.
Another Triple Play to show off.  I can't argue with all three of these studs on the same card.
This was a fun box.  They always are.  We'll end it with more nice photos.  Also hoping Tatis can comeback strong this season.  Enjoy opening day!

 
BREAKDOWN:
252 – Total Cards
37 – RC
19 – Future Stars
12 – Mascot
12 – Bomb Squad
12 – All-Star Rookie Cup
7 – Opening Day
5 – Triple Play
3 – Retired Greats
3 – Opening Day Blue Foil


8 comments:

  1. Nice break! Was hoping you pulled one of the dirt cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have opened three blasters of Opening Day, and keep debating if I want to open more of them. I really like this year's offerings from this set. Are you building the set? Any of the inserts? I am trying to finish off the Bomb Squad insert set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not working any of the sets. I'll throw some of my extra Bomb Squad in your pile. Blasters are just hitting my stores. I'll grab a few I think when I can. I'll also show off this box in a second post down the road someday.

      Delete
  3. Fun break. I was really surprised by the number of rookies in this year's set. Hope a few become decent names. I've opened three blasters and plan on opening one more. Trying to build two base sets and the easy insert sets. If you need help, email me. I'll probably end up with a good number of dupes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. Let me know who you're needing and I'll see what I have for you.

      Delete
  4. Didn't know the Triple Play cards had players from multiple teams...thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have both team and multiple team Triple Play is nice. More options and more fun.

      Delete