Sunday, August 7, 2022

2021 Chronicles Football Blaster

2021 Chronicles Football:  These showed up on the shelf right after the 2022 Chronicles Draft Picks Football that I showed off last Sunday.  We'll kick it off with Patrick Mahomes who is always a great way to start.  We all had him and the Chiefs ready to go on a run of Super Bowl wins.  Just shows how hard it is to win it all in the league.  Won't be any easier this year without Tyreke Hill for him and the Chiefs.
The base cards aren't bad.  Not exciting per se but solid.  That little helmet needs a little team logo on it though.  That McCaffrey is a pink parallel.  Wish they had chosen another color.  I'm not a pink parallel guy.
These are all see through, clear, acetate? cards?  You get the idea.  I hope.  Magnitude, Clear Vision and Playoff Momentum.  The Playoff are my favorite amongst these with a hint of color in the background and the big team logo.
I'm ok with the Panini design.  The Gridiron Kings don't work with white borders in my opinion.  And way too much white on the prestige design this year which I've been consistent in saying.
This set is more my thing as opposed to the Draft Picks set.  I like my veterans.
Flux, Luminance, and Dynagon cards.  I'm meh on all of these.
Good pull and most designs were okay to me.  This Tom "Terrific" helps make my pull a win and this box fun.


BREAKDOWN:
42 – Total Cards
22 – Chronicles
15 – RC
5 – Pink Parallel
4 – Prestige
4 – Gridiron Kings
3 – Playoff Momentum
2 – Panini
2 – Magnitude
1 - Flux
1 – Dynagon
1 - Duplicate
1 – Luminance
1 – Clear Vision


8 comments:

  1. Not the best design for base cards but I do like the Muth card, but then again he is a Steelers player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the art even if I don't care for the borders. He'll go in your pile.

      Delete
  2. Nice Travor Lawrence! The Magnitude cards look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurts wins it.

    The Clear Vision might be the best design, though I kind of wish the grey pieces would have been Cardinals red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clear Vision are nice looking cards in hand.

      Delete